Well, the struggle is real when we ask our brides-to-be to pick double dupatta vs single dupatta for their wedding day. It is undoubtedly a difficult task to choose between the two with both styles having their own distinctive look and charm. While double dupattas lend an outstanding traditional appeal to brides, single dupatta looks modish and contemporary.
Image Source: Sabyasachi, Suhani Bachan
While a lot of brides may know exactly what they want, not everyone can figure it out.
So, here’s a complete guide to help you decide which bridal look you wanna opt for- double dupatta vs single dupatta!
Stick To Single Dupatta For Your Bridal Lehenga If:
- You want to keep it simple and minimalistic, break the dilemma of double dupatta vs single dupatta by taking just one dupatta.
Image Source: Anita dongre
- Your bridal lehenga is a combination of more than two colours. You surely don’t want to go OTT with your bridal outfit by adding way too many colours.
Image Source: sabyasachi
- You are getting married in the summers. After all, you definitely don’t want another extra layer of fabric draped around you knowing how hot and humid it’s going to be.
Image Source: makeovers by saloni patni
Note down these dupatta draping ideas for brides for their wedding.
Choose Double Dupatta For Your Bridal Lehenga Only If:
- Test the weight of your bridal dupatta which will help you sort your confusion to pick double dupatta vs single dupatta. Go for double dupatta only if your first dupatta is too heavy to wear on the head all night. Attach the lighter one to your head whereas drape the heavier one around your waist or shoulders.
Image Source: divine mantra
- Your bridal dupatta is less than 2.5 meters as it’s a standard measurement of a dupatta that easily goes over your head.
Image Source: reels and frames
- You want to add colours to your bridal outfit or show off a contrasting bridal look.
Image Source: safarsaga films
Niti Taylor is absolutely slaying her pastel pink bridal lehenga by styling it with an mango colored double dupatta.
Look out for brides who opted for double dupatta lehenga and aced their looks.
Images Source: The Big Day Story
- For curvy brides who are conscious about their belly fat can opt for a double dupatta. The trick is to style the second dupatta around your waist hiding your tummy area.
In case you are looking for contrasting dupattas with bridal lehengas.
Image Source: wedding trend photography
- You are a winter bride-to-be! Take a pashmina or a velvet stole as your second dupatta for draping.
Image Source: Aditya and Mohit
We hope this guide will be of great help to sort your bridal lehenga styling accordingly.
Don’t miss out on ShaadiWish approved bridal wear for your wedding.