Brides obsess about a lot of things and in all fairness, they are allowed to do that. They want everything to be perfect for their D-day. The wedding day is very important for everyone because you get to live this day only once. You wish to freeze as many moments as possible and also look absolutely amazing in them. That is the reason why makeup holds utmost importance in bride’s life. Bridal makeup is very different from your everyday routine. It is done meticulously and with utmost care.
Celebrated makeup artist Deeksha understands the complexities of the bridal makeup. After having worked with various brides, she has developed an understanding of all the things that can go wrong if you are not careful. To save you from the nightmare of showing up at your wedding with horrible makeup, here is a list of all the dos and don’ts that she has shared for all the brides out there:
Bridal Makeup Dos
1. An intensive skin care routine is the most important part of your bridal makeup. The better your skin looks without makeup, the better it’s going to look when you apply your makeup.
2. Moisturize to prevent the appearance of dry and flaky skin. It is yet another essential part every bride must take care of without fail.
3. Always use a primer. Using a primer prepares your skin to create a smooth canvas for your bridal makeup. It also ensures that your makeup lasts longer.
4. Colour correct to cancel out any discolouration, pigmentation and marks on your skin so that your foundation can look seamless.
5. Blend out your concealer as much as possible.
6. For a long-lasting eye makeup, use an eye shadow primer!
7. Applying the right foundation shade is the most important part of the makeup. Choose the one that matches with your own skin colour.
8. Apply blush on the apple of cheeks and blend upward. Never blend blush below the apple of cheeks.
9. Go for wispy lashes that look natural and give you just the right amount of lash volume.
10. Last but not the least; a perfectly blended makeup is your key to a subtle and natural look.
Bridal Makeup Don’ts
1. Never use anything black to fill in brows! You don’t want them to be standing out on your face and look too artificial. Also, use light strokes to avoid that harsh look.
2. Over-highlighting the brows might just also make them look too made-up.
3. As much as we love that HD brow, do not use a concealer that’s more than 2 shades lighter than your foundation to clean up brows.
4. Using a single eyeshadow colour is a big NO! Especially the bright-colours! Start with a transition colour, adding colours further and blending them well with one another.
5. Don’t go for a lighter foundation shade as it might just make you not feel like yourself.
6. Use an under eye concealer just two shades lighter than your skin shade. If you use an even lighter concealer, it’ll look too unblended in those wedding pictures.
7. Never overdo your contour! You want to make that face look sharp but over application of contour will make you look a lot darker. For contouring, use a shade that complements your undertone.
8. Highlight points of cheeks, nose and cupids bow for that natural glow. Never highlight apples of the cheeks as it might enhance those open pores and make them visible.
9. Now, the most important part – LIPSTICK! Don’t opt for colours that you are not too comfortable with. That might just make you feel conscious about yourself throughout the wedding.
Getting that perfect bridal makeup done might be a little difficult but it isn’t impossible. All the amazing and useful tips shared by our makeup expert Deeksha can help you a lot. Whether you are doing your own bridal makeup or hiring some help, keep the above-mentioned points in mind. For a flawless bridal look, you can even talk to Deeksha. We are sure that you are going to make a wonderful bride.