To watch your sister get married makes you aware of so many emotions that you didn’t even know you had. This bittersweet moment is special and overwhelming. While you are happy that your sister is starting a new chapter in her life with a person who will love her for better or for worse, you cannot help but go through a roller coaster ride of tears and laughter. So if you are the sister of the bride, we are sure that you would be familiar with these emotions:
1. Ah, the room will be mine, finally!
Yes, this is the first thing that came to my mind as soon as my sister’s rishta got pakka. But that doesn’t make me one little monster, or does it?
Is it your brother’s wedding instead? Then check out 11 Things Every Girl Thinks When Her Darling Brother Gets Married
2. I will get to keep her clothes.
For the sister of the bride, this seems like the biggest perk of her ‘didi ki shaadi’. So how can I be any different? In fact, I have started dreaming myself wearing her clothes already.
3. It’s shopping time. After all, the sister of the bride has to look the best!
It’s such a big task. Clothes, jewellery, accessories and what not! There is too much to be shopped for. I better start making a list right now and start booking my dates to shop already.
Let us help you a little. See these 15 Outfits From A-List Designers Perfect For The Bridesmaids (Under Rs 40,000!)
4. It’s party time.
There are going to be so many functions. It’s time to put on my dancing shoes!
Need help? Check out Bolly Garage, they’re one of the leading wedding choreographers in Delhi-NCR!
5. I’m gonna demand something amazing for joota chupai.
I am the only sister of the bride, which means, jiju has just one saali! So, he better give me a big treat for this ritual.
6. I’ll be mom and dad’s new favourite now.
Yippie! Mom and dad’s attention will totally be on me.
7. All eyes will be on me. I’m the “sister of the bride” after all!
It’s time to watch my diet and daily routine. I have to radiate that natural glow at all the functions.
Want a lavish wedding for your sister? Steal an idea or two from The Glamorous Cruise Wedding Of This Business Tycoon And This TV Actress
8. Wait. Who’s going to binge watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S. with me now?
Oh my sitcom and chick flicks binge watch partner will be gone soon.
9. Or hold my hand when I get scared at night?
Yes, I get shit scared when I accidentally wake up at night sometimes.
10. I won’t be able to see her every day.
As much as I am excited for my role of “sister of the bride”, there is also this low feeling when I think I won’t find her in the house whenever I would want.
Make sure her bridal look is imprinted in your mind forever. And to help her look nothing but the best, get inspired from these Breathtaking Bridal Looks From All Over India
11. Midnight kitchen attacks won’t be fun anymore.
After all, you learn to share food from your sisters only!
12. No one will be here to save me from mom’s wrath on coming past the deadline.
Oops, this is one major drawback.
13. How will she cover for me from another house?
I mean I know she would love to do so if possible, but it is going to be a really tough task.
Also Read: 5 Types Of Bridesmaids You Will Find At Every Indian Wedding
14. Will her sister-in-law become her new BFF?
I hate her already.
15. Need to start practising for the sangeet night! The sister of the bride has to give the best performance that night!
Let me start zeroing in on the best dance numbers so that I can start practising as soon as possible.
16. I won’t have that much right on her from now onwards.
She will different priorities in life now.
Looking for some wedding album inspiration? See these 11 Adorable Pictures Of Real Brothers & Sisters At Weddings!
17. She won’t be just my “Di” anymore.
Oh come on that is such a vague thought. She was and will always remain my ‘partner in crime’, my cuddling partner and everything else.
18. I’ll have to think before calling her.
She must be occupied with her responsibilities at her new home.
19. Will her new family become her only family?
No that can never happen, or will it?
Recommended Read: 10 Things You Will Find Only In A Baniya Wedding
20. I hope jiju understands how precious she is!
Well, he better does!
21. I’m going to lose my gossip buddy!
Adieu, those long-lasting chit chat sessions!
22. Bright side, I am getting a jiju. He has to do the pampering!
Yayy… I would be showered with loads of gifts.
Help your sister out by sharing this with her: 10 Cool Tips For Indian Brides To Get Along With Your Future Mom In Law
23. Ooh… I hope there are some hotties in the groom’s gang.
Well, here comes another perk of being the sister of the bride!
24. Is it my turn now?
Needless to say, there are going to be a lot of eyes on the sister of the bride at the shaadi! Gosh, does that mean a rain of rishtas for me next?
There are high chances that
25. I’m so not ready for this!
It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions ever since her rishta has got pakka and at times I feel I am just not ready to see her go. But at the same time, I am so happy to see her so happy with jiju.
Also See: A Pune Bride And Her Gorgeous Wedding Outfits
Whether you are ready or not, you know that your sister is getting married. You will miss all those little fights that brought you two closer. Sisterhood is a bond which never loses its strength. Whether you are living under the same roof or in different cities, your love for each other will only grow with time. So take up your role as the sister of the bride well, make your sweetheart’s wedding the most beautiful day of her life, and wish her and your jiju the best.