To choose a wedding photographer for your big day isn’t a cakewalk when you have a pool of recommendations already waiting for you. With every photographer claiming to be the best in the business, how to find out which one is the best fit for you?
Well, here are a few tips to keep in mind before you choose a wedding photographer to capture your once in a lifetime event.
1. Be Clear With What Kind of Photography Style You Are Looking Forward To!
Narrow down on your style. Do you want the wedding pictures to be contemporary, documentary, traditional, artistic or bold? This helps you sort your search for a perfect photographer.
Image Source: art foto studios
2. Do Your Research
Make a list of wedding photographers near you with whom you would like to work with. Also, collect recommendations from friends and family who have been recently married. Now use your social media stalking skills and check their portfolios online. Don’t forget to read their reviews online. Find the best-curated list of wedding photographers only on ShaadiWish.
Image Source: divine mantra
3. Set Up Your Photography Budget
Knowing and setting a budget will help you choose a wedding photographer easily. There are no restrictions and no limits to how much or how little you may pay for photography, but remember quality always comes at a good price. If you aren’t looking forward to spending a lot of wedding photography, consider hiring local or lesser-known photographers for smaller functions like mehendi and cocktail. Hire well-known photographers for engagement and wedding day.
Image Source: dream finity studios
4. Set Up A Meeting
Set up face-to-face meetings with the photographers you like the most. A photographer is someone who is going to capture some of your most intimate moments. So it’s important that you get along with him before you actually book him.
Image Source: razz films and photography
5. Ask A Lot Of Questions
Make sure you clear all your queries before you actually choose a wedding photographer. Don’t miss asking these questions from your photographer:
- How many years have been in the industry?
- How many people are there on their team?
- What is their core expertise?
- Are they available for all your pre-wedding functions as well?
- What equipment do they use?
- What all is included in the package?
- Will he be the main photographer at the wedding or will it be covered by his associates?
- Will they handle the lighting?
- How many photographers will cover the wedding? Are they shooting another wedding the same day?
- Have they shot at the same venue before?
- Do they have a videography team?
- Do they have any backup plans in case of any emergency?
- Do they share weddings on their social media? In case they do, be clear if you want to get featured on their social media or not. If not, let them know beforehand.
6. Be Clear On Payment Terms And The Cancellation Policy
Some photographers take advance payment up to 50%. Make sure you discuss the payment terms and conditions beforehand. Also, talk about the Cancellation policy in case of any last-minute changes.
7. Book The Same Pre Wedding Photographer
Once you have chosen your wedding photographer, set up a date for a pre-wedding shoot as it will serve as a trial run.
Image Source: photokitch
Remember that these are not rules that you have to follow. These are some basic guidelines to help you sort through thousands of photographers available in the market. With ShaadiWish, you need not worry about researching much as we give you shortlisted wedding photographers to choose from, based on your budget and needs.