With lots of summer weddings postponed because of Coronavirus, it’s obvious that brides-to-be are now looking for monsoon wedding makeup tips to prep their skins and why not. Let’s be all hopeful that these hard times won’t stay for too long and we all will be back to celebrating weddings and happily ever after.
Monsoon weddings are exciting and romantic. However, the humidity can end up making your skin all greasy and oily, which can be really unnerving. Plus, wearing a lot of makeup at monsoon weddings is never a good idea. So, how to achieve a glam bridal look without oodles of make-up?
Well, prepping your skin according to the weather will do all the trick. Also, this is the best time for all Monsoon brides to improve their skin. So, utilize these lockdown days effectively to treat your skin in the best possible way and make the most of your quarantine time.
Check out these top makeup artists’ tips on how to prep your skins for monsoon wedding makeup in quarantine.
1. DIY Skincare Routine To Make Your Skin Hydrated, Cleansed And Toned.
Makeup Artist Divya Jain shares “With the air getting less polluted and cleaner than ever, it is the best time to indulge in a healthy skincare regime to make your monsoon wedding makeup all worthwhile”. For this, she suggests an easy DIY routine with products which are easily available in your kitchen and doesn’t require you to step out of your homes.
- Mild scrub your face using sugar granules with honey or rolled oats with tomato puree and honey.
- For toning, you can just put an ice cube in a towel and pat on your skin and later apply some rose water.
- Prepare a face mask using besan, whipped banana and honey for some instant hydration.
2. The Better Your Skin Texture Is, The Better Your Monsoon Wedding Makeup Will Come Out!
DIY facials using your home kitchen and garden is always a perfect start to your skincare routine. A good massage with oil or a moisturizer, followed by a light scrub made of oats or besan with honey and curd will make your skin all glowing. Finish it with fresh aloe vera gel as a face pack!
-Makeup Artist Neha Chaudhary (Delhi)
Monsoon Wedding Makeup Tips To Swear By:
1. Go For Contemporary Makeup
Contemporary bridal makeup is a blend of classic & modern look with a use of new-age makeup colours in a different way. The trick is to emphasize on giving maximum definition to one feature, which gives a soft and elegant look in monsoon season.
How to go about with your contemporary makeup keeping monsoon season in mind?
- Foundation: Opt for liquid foundations like Nars, Fenty Beauty, Esteen Lauder, George Armani, Airbrush etc.
- Eyes & Lips: As the trick is to focus on one feature, make sure to only highlight your eyes or lips to get that elegant look.
- Contouring & Highlighting: Ask your makeup artist to use cream contouring followed by a powder contour finish to enhance the face sharpness.
- Blushers: Cheeks should reflect natural undertones and should blend well on cheek bones. Add blusher to give a healthy glow to your face.
-Makeup Artist Hema Thakur (Delhi)
2. Ice Can Do Wonders!
Before applying make-up, gently rub ice cubes wrapped in a soft cloth on your face for 7-10 minutes. This will act like a charm on your pores, not only helping in reducing the excessive sweating caused by humidity but also calming your tensed nerves.
3. Ditch Cream Foundation
Opt for a water based foundation over a cream based one. It blends magically without showing any visible layers and is also the best option for acne prone skin. After application of the foundation base, apply a translucent powder for that airbrushed finish. It not only minimizes imperfections but also the appearance of fine lines and pores for a non-cakey, sheer glamorous look!
Product Recommendations: Chanel & Laura Mercier translucent powder. In water base foundations you can pick brands like Mac, Dior, Huda beauty, Bobbi brown, Tarte cosmetics & Make up forever.
4. Shine Without Excessive Glitter
Avoid a lot of glitter on your eyes and face which can make it look glossy and oily. Opt for a nice gold, silver or rose gold eyeshadow instead that will pop the eye with a beautiful winged liner. The trick is to keep it elegant with just the right amount of glam!
-Makeup Artist Uurmi Kaurr (Mumbai)
Also, check out Tips To Plan A Hassle-Free Monsoon Wedding.
5. Less is More In Monsoon Wedding Makeup!
Keep your wedding look minimal and natural.
6. Set your base properly so it can stay longer.
7. Good setting spray can keep your base set.
-Shahid Naar (Amritsar)
8. HD makeup works better than Airbrush in monsoons.
Keep minimal base with bright eye shadows and pop color lipstick to brighten up the day.
9. Opt For Waterproof Makeup
Make sure you opt for waterproof makeup products including your foundation, mascara, and eyeliner.
10. Experiment With The Current Trend Of Pastels
Neon colors are trending this wedding season. Opting for a neon liner at one of your wedding functions is a great idea.
11. Try And Avoid Putting Mascara On Lower Lashes
The humid weather might crease your under eyes. So, it is recommended to not use mascara on lower lashes.
-Makeup By Komal (Delhi)
Hairstyling Tips For Monsoon Weddings
1. You can’t really avoid heat while styling your hair, but avoid using heavy products that might make the hair oily in some time.
Avoid using Mouse and stick to light sprays and simpler hairstyles like messy braids and buns. If you have medium to long hair, keeping open hair in monsoons might make them look very untidy and sticky, so try avoiding that.
-Makeup Artist Neha Chaudhary (Delhi)
2. Monsoon hair tends to get frizzy. So, style your tresses into a nice braid or a loose bun with fresh gajra or flowers to highlight the look.
-Shahid Naar (Amritsar)
Don’t let that sultry weather get to you!! Remember you have always waited for this day and you need to enjoy all the pampering! Your inner state reflects your outer state. Stay well hydrated, positive and calm for a beautiful glowing skin on your special day.
Also, check out These Monsoon Wedding Ideas To Plan Your Wedding In Quarantine.
Comments are closed.