Seasoned fashion designer, Sulakshana Monga just unveiled her 2017 Couture collection and we’re legitimately in “love”, metaphorically and literally. The ensembles exude a deeply romantic vibe while reflecting the Indian heritage in the most beautiful manner. The intricate gold threads, the dramatic drapes, the meticulously embroidered sequins that serenade those deep and pastel hues and the artist’s creativity is transformed in this living reverie.
From delicate outfits for your best friend’s wedding to phenomenal cocktail outfits for the brides to be, Sulakshana has an inert art of bringing to life the vision of every contemporary woman. From surprising box pleats to intense colors and unconventional embroidery patterns, here are the looks that we are obsessing over at the moment. Have a look and swoon.
1. The shiny gold, the moderately heavy lehengas and exceptional blouse styles are a key focus in this collection. Seen here, the oxford blue lehenga with thread embroidery, the bright red printed base lehenga and the delightful combination of silver and yellow gold in the background. Just exciting play of colors.
2. The heavy blouse with badla work compliments the sheer dupatta and the luxe ivory lehenga gorgeously. The pita metal work on the lehenga gives it a subtle sheen that is perfect for the reception nigh and the criss cross back in the blouse gives it that fashionable twist. The modish groom outfit has silhouette details that give it that royal look.
3. The latest version of the best selling “The Mahal Lehenga”. A shimmering mauve lehenga with aari embroidery in thread and metal gives it that regal astute. With elaborate palace facets designed on the lehenga, it surely gives a majestic feel to the whole outfit and is super chic, edgy and traditional at the same time.
4. With a lovely peach raw silk lehenga, you can barely miss the focus. Shades of nostalgia, magnificent mukaish work and that charming side fall dupatta binds the look together giving it a desirable Sangeet outfit feel.
5. This raspberry pink lehenga is a total stunner and one of our favourites. For the modern #bridetobe who isn’t afraid to show off, the extreme sweetheart neckline blouse is gorgeous-ness! The gota patti work spread across layers on the fanciable skirt is surely a gem from the new collection.
6. The first thing to notice here is of course that unusual cloudy grey color. It forms such a pleasant canvas for the colorful floral and gold embroidery. The crisp box pleats on the side of the Lehenga adds a different dimension to the outfit. The blouse is avant-garde for it’s unforgettable back works and the deep neckline.
7. A royal blue lehenga with gold flowers scattered all around, just works its magic on us. The illusion neckline with embroidery details flatters the bodice. The peach and silver Sherwani for men has a fresh appeal and stands out gracefully.
8. Kashmiri embroidery in contrasting tones for the men Bandhgala, a classic attire. Sticking to pastel tones for the lehenga, the designer’s addition of the net embellished jacket stirs our heart and gives the classic lehenga choli a brand new avatar. The scalloped dupatta gives it a mermaid look.
All pictures courtesy: Sulakshana Monga